The newest version of dental-specific design 3D slicing software, FlashDental, has been updated to 2.0.0. Different from other slicing software, FlashDental combines both technical and management demands for dental operators.
More Brief Operation Surface
Move and rotate in the same interface: the move and rotate of the model can be operated in the same interface without switching back and forth, which makes the operation more flexible and more in line with the operation habits of dental users.
new view guide function in the main interface, click on the auxiliary cube, quickly switch between different view statues, and return to the main view with one key.
Utilizing the printing space as much as possible and saving the printing material. Automatic intelligence layout display presents the maximum models you can print at one time.
Collision detection is working during the before-printing process. Once the model overlaps during movement, the overlapping model shows red to alert the user and avoid subsequent printing failure.
Randomly Model Cutting
Teeth model fixation needs more detailed alternation. Flashdental supports a totally free cutting angle not only through the X, Y, and Z axis. Custom cutting angles provide operators various directions to custom.
Automatic Support Structure
One-click to generate the support structure, specifically useful in printing inscribed models. Moreover, in the Support setting, operators could alter the support quantity
Multi-device Collaboration Management
Pursue the easy manage operation for the dentist to use multiple 3D printers at the same time. Also printing parameters can be imported and exported and transferred between different devices, the data processing efficiency can be substantially improved.
Label the model
Compared to the previous version of FlashDental, FlashDental 2.0 is simpler in operation and strives for a user-friendly design to meet the requirements of dental users.
FlashDental is not only an outstanding professional dental 3D printer but is also a terminal console for all 3D printing devices in your workplace. Multip machines contrlong at the same time, you can supervise to track its recent progress
Now FlashDental has already been published on Flashforge download center. Now available on Focus8.9, Focus 6k, Focus 6kXL, and Hunter.
Digitalization has now become an important component of contemporary restorative dentistry, such as computer-aided design and manufacturing techniques, stereolithography, rapid prototyping techniques, the use of virtual braces models and digital face arches, digital x-rays, or through the use of virtual patient procedures, dental software, photographic recording of jaw movements, multiple processes in dentistry and the associated routine methods used are being replaced by digital technology methods.
The conventional mechanical braces model is a commonly used clinical restoration design and fabrication aid, which possesses components and structures similar to those of the human oromandibular system. The process of transferring the facial arch through impressions and obtaining records of the occlusal relationship until the installation of the model braces model still has many limitations:
(1) the operation steps are cumbersome, time-consuming, and labor-intensive;
(2) the braces model instrument is close to the functional movement of human occlusion, which is very different from the real biological environment;
(3) the movement reproduced by the mechanical braces model follows the structural edge of the mechanical joint, which remains unchanged over time and cannot simulate the muscle patterns and elasticity that depend on soft tissue and articular discs. and articular discs for muscle patterns and elasticity of masticatory distal movements; the plaster model cannot simulate dental mobility;
(4) it cannot reproduce the real-life occlusal dynamics; ⑥ there are other problems with the materials used to infuse and mount the model in the braces model, such as the accuracy of model orientation, expansion, and contraction of the plaster, deformation of the occlusal recording material, and stability of the braces model, resulting in a lack of accuracy of the transfer process
The virtual braces model design has the following advantages:
(1) the possibility to visualize complex static and dynamic occlusion;
(2) the 3D dynamics of the mandible, maxilla, or both;
(3) the possibility to select the scraping surface, allowing detailed observation of the area of interest, such as the temporomandibular joint;
(4) the combination of computer-aided design and manufacturing techniques, the tool has great potential for planning dental implants, aesthetic restorations at the same time, providing higher precision and shorter treatment times;
(5) allows the dentist and technician to work in a fully taught environment without the need to attach casts to the mechanical frame, significantly reducing the restrictiveness and possibility of mechanical pick-up frames, reducing clinical time and improving accuracy. Dental workflow can be set up with thousands of fibers.
In recent years, clinical technology and equipment have been improved, and the virtual jaw frame segment of computer-aided design and manufacturing has been developed. The patient's requirements for restoration and treatment have increased, and in the future, the development of a fully digital scanning and transfer system that integrates motion alignment, occlusal recording, jaw position, and 3D facial data acquisition, and the establishment of a perfect digital virtual patient is the trend for the future.
Flashforge owns a professional dental technical team, and support specific solution to the dental clinic with a suitable solution. More Flashforge dental applications here:
Previous article: Voxelab: Make Everyday Matters